We highly value your trust and confidence in us, and we want to assure you that your personal information is kept completely confidential by us. Like all providers of personal financial services, licensed Certified Public Accountant and tax professionals are now required by law to inform clients of their policies regarding privacy of client information. We have been and continue to be bound by professional standards of confidentiality that are even more stringent than those required by law. Moreover, protecting your privacy and the security of your information is the ethical way to conduct our business. Therefore we have always protected your right to privacy.
Types of Nonpublic Information Collected by us
We collect nonpublic personal information about you that is provided to us by you or obtained by us with your authorization. Examples of sources from which we collect information include:
- Interviews and phone calls with you,
- Letters and e-mails from you,
- Tax return or financial planning organizers, and
- Financial history questionnaires.
Parties to Whom We Discloses Information
For current and former clients, we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information obtained in the course of our practice except as required or permitted by law. Permitted disclosures include, for example, providing information to our employees, and in limited situations, to unrelated third parties who need to know that information to assist us in providing services to you (please refer to Third Party Verification Policies and Procedures). In all such situations we stress the confidential nature of information being shared, we cannot and will not share client names with other clients; your relationship with us is private and confidential.
What if You Become a Former Client?
Protecting the Confidentiality and Security of Clients' Information
We retain records related to professional services that we provide so we are better able to assist you with your needs, and in some cases to comply with specific guidelines. In order to guard your nonpublic personal information, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with professional standards.
Third Party Verification Policies and Procedures
LNP Consultants LLC will provide information on our clients to third parties under the following conditions:
- Written and verified instructions directly from client:
- a. The instructions must be in letter form, not email.
- b. The signature must be verified against existing signed documents on file.
- c. If no signed documents exist, the client must deliver the instructions in person and the identity must be verified by either a driver’s license or passport.
- Once the instructions are received, LNP Consultants LLC will respond within 3 business days.
- The requested verification will be sent to the client address that is currently on file. It can alternatively be picked up by the client only at our office.
Please call if you have any questions, because your privacy, our professional ethics, and the ability to provide you with quality financial services are very important to us.